Thursday, June 26, 2008

Beef or Chicken Marinade

1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 green onions chopped
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

Mix together and let meat marinade before grilling. The longer you soak it the better the flavor. Then...grill 'er up!

Notes:
I found this recipe on the internet...don't even remember where...and our family LOVES it! We have used it 3 times this summer already! After our Memorial Day cookout a couple of friends have asked what we cooked our chicken in. It's a very easy way to get dinner out of the way in the morning, set it in the fridge and let the hubby cook when he gets home! I usually put it in a large ziplock bag. Then I squeeze most of the air out and use a straw to 'vacuum seal' it. This way there is marinade touching every surface of meat. If you only have a small amount of meat, it will probably just be fine in a bowl.

I want to list some substitutes I have used...the first two times I didn't have the EXACT ingredients but using some close substitutes still yielded some YUMMY chicken!

If you don't have:
Soy Sauce.....Use teriyaki sauce or marinade
Honey....Use brown sugar
Distilled white vinegar....Use apple cider vinegar or red or white cooking wine
Green onions....Use chopped regular white or yellow onions

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

So we tried the marinade last night. Really yummy! I used a few of the substitutions. I used lite soy sauce, and brown sugar. But I didn't add the oil. Still very good. Thanks for the recipe!!!